Exquisite Way: Japanese Aesthetic Principles & Zen Practice
We welcome back Zen priest Bonnie Myotai Treace Sensei, who will give zazen (sitting meditation) instruction and lead an exploration of Zen aesthetic principles.
Topics covered include:
- “Energized Calm” an exploration via koan, poem and scroll of the principle and life practice of seijaku;
- “Simplicity,” the principle of kanso;
- “Absence of Pretense,” the principle of shinzen;
- “Dynamic Relationships,” the principle of fukinsei;
- “Showing More by Showing Less,” the principle of yugen;
- “Articulate Brevity;” the principle of shibumi; and
- “Freedom from Formula,” the principle of datsuzoko.
$5 per class/$25 for the series
Buy Tickets Online or call the Japan Society Box Office at (212) 715-1258, Mon. – Fri. 11 am – 6 pm, Weekends 11 am – 5 pm. Please call the Box Office for the $25 series ticket.
- Monday, April 9, 2012
- 7:00 pm