Join us for a fun evening of drinking, dancing and art. Come dressed as your favorite character (or yourself). Featuring free admission to our current exhibition, Bye Bye Kitty!!!, a trivia contest, a cosplay parade and helpful maids who will keep the night rocking. We’ll be giving away tons of prizes, too! Including gift certificates to Kinokuniya, toys from Kidrobot and tickets to the New York Comic Con.
(with a cash bar)
– DJ Saiko Mikan will be spinning 60’s Group Sounds from Japan!
– Trivia Contest (Mame chishiki kuizu = 豆知識クイズ) with prizes from Kinokuniya and toys from Kidrobot and the grand prize of New York Comic Con tickets!
– NYAF Apple Kissa Café will be entertaining the crowd all night and giving away random prizes!
– Cosplay Parade with the three best costumes receiving tickets to New York Comic Con!
– Japanese Beers and Sake for $4!
– Free admission to the Bye Bye Kitty!!! exhibition!
What is Uki Uki?
Fumiko says: When I say I am “Uki Uki shiteiru”, that means I am excited, animated, kind of high, feel bouncy, bubbly….. definitely a sense of expectation makes you “uki uki”! E.G. You are “Uki Uki” when you are going to have a long-awaited date with someone.
- May 6, 2011
- 6:00 pm