Draw inspiration from Japan Society Gallery’s exhibition Simon Starling: At Twilight and join us in disguise for an after-hours party featuring live music, intriguing cocktails and desserts, and atmospheric gallery tours. (Masks are encouraged, but not required.)
- Sip some bubbly, wine, beer, or a signature sake cocktail created just for Japan Society by “sake ninja” Chris Johnson and mixologist Warren Hode!
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at our dessert bar featuring tasty treats, fruits, and cheeses!
- Sway to the jazz stylings of the Chris Whittaker Trio, featuring Chris Whittaker (piano), Sam Weber (bass), and Jay Sawyer (drums) until 9:30 PM, with DJ Aki spinning until closing time!
- Memorialize the evening with friends in the Twilight Masquerade photo booth!
- Stroll through the Gallery or join one of the guided tours!
- Enter the prize drawing to win gorgeous exhibition catalogues—perfect gifts for yourself or others!
TICKETS (21+ only, includes 2 drink tickets):
$25/$20 Japan Society members (pre-sale until November 29)
$30/$25 Japan Society members (on day of event)
Box Office Policy
About Simon Starling: At Twilight:
At the height of WWI, poet W. B . Yeats collaborated with members of the avant garde to stage his Japanese noh inspired dance play At the Hawk’s Well (1916). To mark its centennial, Turner Prize winner Simon Starling reinterprets this production in an exhibition that illustrates the impact of noh on Western Modernism. Newly created masks, costumes, and a dance on video are paired with works by the 20th-century masters connected to Yeats’ play, bringing to life Starling’s irrepressible inventiveness.
Check out the photos from the event!
For more information and exhibition-related programs, visit our Gallery page.
- Wednesday, November 30, 2016
- 8:00 pm