One of the most anticipated dance programs in New York, this year’s line-up includes from Japan:
• Company Derashinera, acclaimed for its surreal take on everyday life and led by mime-trained choreographer Shuji Onodera (formerly of Company Mizuto Abura).
• The funky, playful company KIKIKIKIKIKI, led by butoh-trained Kitamari, presents Omedeto (Congratulations) [U.S. Debut]
• Masako Yasumoto’s coquettish and frenetic male/female duet slap, pat, suck. [U.S. Debut]
• The hip-hop inspired LDP (Laboratory Dance Project), with their deliciously dynamic and unruly all-male group dance No Comment [U.S. Debut]
• WCdance, led by choreographer WenChung Lin, a former dancer with Bill T. Jones, with their fusion of traditional Chinese music and intense movement in the romantic Small Nanguan. [U.S. Debut]
$22/$18 Japan society members
APAP Presenters please call (212) 715-1276 for industry reservations. Tickets are not guaranteed until confirmed.
Tickets for Friday’s performance are SOLD OUT.
Tickets are still available for Saturday.
Buy Tickets Online or call the Japan Society Box Office at (212) 715-1258, Mon. – Fri. 11 am – 6 pm, Weekends 11 am – 5 pm.
- January 9, 2010
- 7:30 pm