Fall ExhibitionSimon Starling: At Twilight
October 14, 2016—January 15, 2017
Join us this fall to experience the solo institutional debut of artist Simon Starling—winner of the prestigious Turner Prize—in our new exhibition, Simon Starling: At Twilight. Witness Japan Society's Gallery spaces transformed, with newly created masks, costumes, and a dance on video, paired with traditional Japanese artworks and masterpieces of early 20th-century Modernism.
Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
We would like to express our deepest condolences and sympathy to those affected by the recent earthquakes that hit Kumamoto. Japan Society accepts contributions to support recovery in Kumamoto and remains active in Tohoku as recovery is ongoing and much remains to be done. We are grateful to all those who have generously supported the people of Japan.
Registration Now OpenRegister early—classes fill up very fast!
- Intensive Japanese Weekend
- Japanese-Language Teacher Training: Intermediate
- Crash Course for Travelers to Japan
- Winter Shodo
- Winter Conversational Japanese
- Winter Japanese: Level 1
- RT @AkoKitamura: In a casual conversation, ??(un) means yes and ???(uun) means no. ???(un?) means what? and ???(u-n) means hmm. OK?
- #ObakeADay: #mokumokuren, a peeping, peering possessed shoji screen! Our #ObakeFamilyDay is 10/30:� https://t.co/ENrKu4mx6x
- RT @annafifield: Great piece by @mradamtaylor on one of the very few Syrian refugees living in Japan https://t.co/ra2m0aCAJX
- RT @js_film_nyc: Halloween movie plans? Tatsuya Nakadai is in town to present 1966 horror-tinged masterpiece THE FACE OF ANOTHER -- only a�
- RT @AJWasahi: Japan�s total population drops by 962,607, first-ever decline on record https://t.co/96jbE3xxY6
- RT @js_TalksPlus: Taste Hebess Cool at our 11/9 #shochu event! A cocktail shochu with aromas of the rare hebess fruit, a unique citrus http�