Current ExhibitionA Third Gender: Beautiful Youths in Japanese Prints
On view through June 11, 2017
Featuring over 65 woodblock prints, as well as paintings, luxury objects and personal ornaments, A Third Gender: Beautiful Youths in Japanese Prints offers a critical artistic and historical context for gender performance and sexual expression in Edo Period (1603-1868) Japan.
Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
We would like to express our deepest condolences and sympathy to those affected by the recent earthquakes that hit Kumamoto. Japan Society accepts contributions to support recovery in Kumamoto and remains active in Tohoku as recovery is ongoing and much remains to be done. We are grateful to all those who have generously supported the people of Japan.
Spring Registration Now OpenRegister early—classes fill up very fast!
- Weekend Shodo & Late Spring Shodo
- A Crash Course for Travelers to Japan
- Intensive Japanese Weekend
- Conversational Japanese
- Early Summer English
- RT @JS_BizPol: #Pepper, the world's first humanoid #robot that reads human emotions is coming to @japansociety Mar28! Register now: https:/�
- RT @simonsaybrams: Good morning. Here I am @villagevoice on "Beyond Godzilla," @js_film_nyc's exciting new scifi retro: https://t.co/nrRzfx�
- RT @js_language: ?? (wakashu)= beautiful youths�a �third gender� of Edo period Japan. @JS_Gallery_NYC https://t.co/1hvk84v11Q https://t.c�
- RT @Wendy_Tokunaga: The visionary architects who shaped Japan https://t.co/PMs2DRr6Sd https://t.co/bSF1akDlK9
- RT @nippon_en: Designer Sat? Kashiwa will speak at @japansociety NY, this evening (3/22). Talks in London and Paris to follow. https://t.co�
- RT @business: If you like Japan's high-tech toilets, you'll love their bathtubs https://t.co/q7Jr4XlbE6 https://t.co/0iSmSJ2gfn
Stay informed about all Japan Society programs and events.