Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
We would like to express our deepest condolences and sympathy to those affected by the recent earthquakes that hit Kumamoto. Japan Society accepts contributions to support recovery in Kumamoto and remains active in Tohoku as recovery is ongoing and much remains to be done. We are grateful to all those who have generously supported the people of Japan.
JAPAN CUTS, North America’s largest festival of new Japanese film returns for its 10th anniversary edition, offering eleven days of impossible-to-see-anywhere-else screenings of the best new movies made in and around Japan with special guest filmmakers and stars, post-screening Q&As, parties, giveaways and much more.
Registration Now OpenRegister early--classes fill up very fast.
- Summer Intensive Japanese Weekend
- Mid Summer English
- A Crash Course for Travelers to Japan
- Summer Japanese
- Summer Shodo
Commemorating the 5th Anniversary of 3/11
An institution-wide series of programming that examines the post-3/11 recovery and reconstruction process and the tremendous challenges that remain.
- RT @JS_Gallery_NYC: Learn more about @tom_sachs Tea Ceremony @NoguchiMuseum before our #Nodate Tea Ceremony @JS_Gallery_NYC on July 8th htt�
- RT @js_TalksPlus: Assassination Classroom #3 on @nytimes manga best seller list. Author Yusei Matsui comes to @japansociety in Oct! https:/�
- Kermit Roosevelt's Japanese interment themed ALLEGIANCE a @UALawSchool/@ABAJournal Harper Lee Prize finalist! https://t.co/RZss1Gg3w2
- RT @js_film_nyc: Check out a playlist of @ryuichisakamoto scores in anticipation of his #JAPANCUTS appearance https://t.co/F9sOXBw4rD https�
- RT @js_TalksPlus: #Muji, king of factory-made housewares, to sell handmade goods for three days only at NY Flagship store https://t.co/FoDQ�
- RT @TimeOutNewYork: The 15 best anime movies of all time: https://t.co/2cXG0HmKBl #StudioGhibli #SpiritedAway #Totoro https://t.co/acMCKxQT�
Stay informed about all Japan Society programs and events.