Friday, January 13, 6 PM
Sunday, December 11, 2:30 PM
Current ExhibitionSimon Starling: At Twilight
On View through Sunday, January 15, 2017
Experience the solo institutional debut of artist Simon Starling—winner of the prestigious Turner Prize—in our current exhibition, Simon Starling: At Twilight. Witness Japan Society's Gallery spaces transformed, with newly created masks, costumes, and a dance on video, paired with traditional Japanese artworks and masterpieces of early 20th-century Modernism.
Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
We would like to express our deepest condolences and sympathy to those affected by the recent earthquakes that hit Kumamoto. Japan Society accepts contributions to support recovery in Kumamoto and remains active in Tohoku as recovery is ongoing and much remains to be done. We are grateful to all those who have generously supported the people of Japan.
Registration Now OpenRegister early—classes fill up very fast!
- Winter Shodo
- Winter Conversational Japanese
- Winter Japanese: Level 1
- Hiragana and Katakana Workshops
- Japanese Language Teacher Training: Introductory
- 期英会話教室 (English Courses)
- RT @ThisWeekInNY: HANASAKA JIISAN (THE OLD MAN WHO MADE FLOWERS BLOOM) https://t.co/pAzEaNjMCv
- RT @js_film_nyc: An unforgettable Atsuko Asano stars in the romantic drama PLAY IT, BOOGIE WOOGIE. Super rare screening! Tonite at 7p https�
- RT @JS_Gallery_NYC: How can you translate personal experience as an #immigrant into poetic flow? Join @gyamazawa for Slam! @japansociety ht�
- RT @nippon_en: "Miyazaki has tried to retire - reportedly at least six times" https://t.co/MA7UqtOkI6
- The strange romance PLAY IT, BOOGIE WOOGIE from wildman director Toshiya Fujita (LADY SNOWBLOOD) screens 2nite 12/6� https://t.co/2VTe3ujnbm
- RT @CNN: This is how Japan prepares for worst-case scenarios if a disaster strikes https://t.co/km3OpSIq1N https://t.co/3MSAyfpLXI