Business & Policy
Language Center Event
Monday, October 19, 6:30 PM
Sunday, October 18, 11 AM
Language Center Event
For a New World to Come: Experiments in Japanese Art and Photography, 1968-1979
In the wake of the social and political upheaval of the late 1960s, Japanese artists and photographers began crafting a new visual language for an age of uncertainty. Visit Japan Society Gallery to learn more.
September – November 2015
A warm tropical breeze blows throughout Japan Society this fall! Throughout this three-month special series, New Yorkers will have the opportunity to experience the unique sounds, flavors, colors and history of Japan's southern island chain, Okinawa.
Registration Now OpenRegister early--classes fill up very fast.
- Fall Japanese
- Fall JLPT Prep Courses
- Fall Intensive Japanese Weekend
- Fall English
- Fall Japanese-Language Teacher Training
- Fall Shodo and Weekend Shodo
- Miyashita-sensei Language Videos
Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
On the 4th anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake, Japan Society remembers those who lost their lives and those whose lives have been forever changed by the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear power plant meltdown. We are heartened by the determination and resilience of the residents of Tohoku.
- Ramifications of WWII: Recommended Reading & Resources On U.S.-Japan Relations
- Cats Purr-vade Japan's History and Culture
- Christianity In Japan & A Noh Theater Prayer For Peace
- Lessons From Another World: Three Timeless Folktales From Japan
- The Mystery Of Merii of Hama And The Birth Of 'Yokohama Rosa'
- Learning Japanese: Enhance Classes With A Listening and Reading Routine
- Some of world's greatest #photography sprang from Japans 1960s social unrest http://t.co/tq5LB4mhGd #ForANewWorld http://t.co/ats23V164N
- RT @tofugu: Okonomiyaki. Not #Japanese pizza or pancake. It's both. And neither. And much more sublime. http://t.co/ah4md2FYV3 http://t.co/�
- RT @ARTnewsmag: Pictures at an Exhibition | �Experiments in Japanese Art and Photography, 1968�79,' Grey Art Gallery & Japan Society http:/�
- RT @freddiethekat: Paper driver? WATCH this Lexus made of origami: http://t.co/DJpmGxRglC @USJC @JapanSociety @CurtisSChin
- RT @themainichi: Japan?'Monkey face' orchid lures Kyoto botanical garden visitors - http://t.co/MbmovXa3Q9 http://t.co/s7FabIf1Oi
- Kirby! https://t.co/44nlGl09pa
Stay informed about all Japan Society programs and events.